Sunday 13 September 2009

It Must Have Been A Dallas Moment!!!!!!

I don’t know what happened. One minute it was 2008 and the next --- I don’t know its one year on. So just like Bobby Ewing all those years ago, it seems I got in the shower and when I got out ----- well need I say more!!!!!

So I could start to go on with all my excuses and reasons for not blogging but I will not bore you and I’m sure I’ll moan about some reasons over time.

Here is a brief run down of the last years happenings

September ‘08
Started secretary for E.G. and first group meetings for Banner.
Holiday cottages full.
October
Start stitching on banner and its living with me.
November
2 weeks in Madeira - Bliss.
December
More banner, Xmas and sheep start lambing
January ‘09
Banner, lambs, banner, lambs – get the picture
February
Banner, lambs, ****!!!!**** Banner finished mid Feb.
Start of Bridal alterations
March
March 1st St. David’s Day March you can see photos etc of the process here
Recovering from all the pressure and too sensitive to enjoy the glory.
April
Cottages fully booked.
Easter School at Missenden with Sue Rangely.
Alterations.
May, June, July, August
A combination of cleaning cottages(grrrr!), bridal alterations(ggrrrrr!!), EG sorting out (you will hear about that in later blogs), my Dad's 80th Birthday party in June, running around keeping every one/thing happy ---- while juggling balls in the air.
Need I say more, you know what it's like.

September
A year ago I promised to tell you what I had done on a day out. Well I did it again this year and it was a trip to an orchid show .........

Here at the National Botanical Gardens of Wales.

I only went to look - not buy and for a pleasant day out. For a change it did not rain although it was a bit breezy, nothing unusual there then. So after having a very tasty lunch in the restaurant we went to view the orchids, so here are a few for you to see.

I just love them. Look at this...


And look at this one...
I would love to have bought this one but it did not have a price on it, the one next to it was £150.00 pounds so I did not dare to ask the price.


I could not buy this as it was only on show. My Dad was with us but could not get his head around it at all but I loved it.

And this is the one I bought --- I just couldn't leave empty handed.


Don't mention embroidery, I have not managed to do much and hardly finished anything just a piece of canvas work. I'll try a take a photo of it but it's on black canvas and I made the mistake of framing with glass. One workshop we had was Ray Slater with her cloth dolls, it was fantastic so I will tell you about it in the next blog and introduce you to mine, which needless to say is not finished yet.
I am going to sign off now as I think I have been trying to write this blog for about 3 hrs and it is still as confusing as before, but I am going to try and persevere this time. What this will look like when I press the publish button I don't know - but here goes.
Oh! and just to prove I have gone completely mad I have signed on at Missenden Abbey to do C&G Machine Embroidery with Pam Watts. It starts in October and I am really looking forward to it and just hope I will manage to set aside time to work at home.






1 comment:

Jackie said...

We'll let you off then.
I just don't know how you do it all. I'm very glad you'e back anyway. Keep it up.
x